keep on, keep on, dancing all through the night.
We're gonna keep on, keep on, keep on, doing it right
We're gonna keep on, keep on, keep on, movin...
Why is it that Brady Bunch song lyrics come to me so easily and that they might actually apply to what I'm trying to say? Really, I suppose there is no dancing - especially through the night. I'm too old and tired for that. I only managed to stay up until 10:30 on New Year's Eve. Moving right along...This adoption business can be seriously exhausting. There are so many unknowns. We have been wrestling with a decision and have finally come to a conclusion - I think. The problem is that I like things to go the way I think they should go and that is not necessarily the way God wants them to go. We have encountered some roadblocks that seem to be steering us back to the path that we had veered from - if only briefly. What it comes down to is this: we want to be a family for a child that needs one. Period. That may mean the process will take longer or be a bit bumpier, but I am going to have to be okay with that. In my heart, I am at peace with that already, but the practical part of me sometimes interferes. It has interfered quite intensely in the last couple of days. I know that I am going to have to continually put my plans to rest and rely on God to take care of it all. He has brought us this far - I know He will see it through.
I have so much to learn. You would think that after being placed in situation after situation that I have no control over, I would be able to just let go and trust in the only One who knows the end of the story. I have realized that this journey is not just about opening our home and hearts to a child. It is about God changing our hearts and making us the people and the family that He wants us to be. It is truly a "two steps forward, one step back" process. Just when I feel I am making progress, I mess up and have to start again. And again. And again.
Proverb 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.
FYI - You'd better believe I'm going to pull out It's A Sunshine Day one of these days - maybe I'll save that until we have a referral!!
Mary
6 months ago

Love the Brady Bunch tie-ins! So, does this mean you are not going with YWAM????
ReplyDelete