It is snowing softly outside my window and my family is warm and cozy in our house on this Christmas afternoon. I can't help but think what our family might look like and be like at this time next year. Will we have a sweet little daughter among us? I hope and pray that is so. Then my mind wanders further to consider what Christmas is like for our daughter this year. Is she hungry? Is she sick? Is she cold? Does she have a Mama struggling to take care of her? Has she been abandoned? The list of questions goes on and on. All we can do for her right now is pray that God will keep her until we can bring her home.
We are moving along in our paper process. The big hurdle right now is our foster adopt license. It was applied for in early October and should have been issued long before now. Our social worker is out of the office until early January, as is the person who can figure out what has happened with the license. Hopefully they can get it figured out soon. I know that all of this will work out in the end and, as my husband keeps reminding me, we will look back and laugh at how uptight and desperate we are to get things taken care of. I know that all of it will fade away when we hold our precious bundle in our arms. I had a dream about her the other night. Someday, that dream will be a reality!!
Mary
6 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment