Monday, February 11, 2013

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

 
 
On January 31 - exactly one year after Addie officially became our daughter - she was fitted with braces on her legs.  She has been followed by an orthopedic doctor since right after she came home last April and we are hopeful that she won't have to wear the braces for long.  We had been told to expect a rough start, but that she would adjust in time.  While I expected it, it was still hard to watch her struggle those first few days.  They are cumbersome and it is harder for her to participate in her favorite activity - climbing - with them on.  We are now 12 days in and I am simply amazed at how well she is tolerating them.  She still has meltdowns occasionally that are out of character for her, but if it is close to bedtime, we take the braces off and give her a break.  In the minute that it takes to remove the braces, she transforms into a wild child.  She runs around and is positively giddy to have freedom. 
 
As I have watched Addie adjust these past couple of weeks, my respect for her has just grown. I am floored by how brave and strong this girl is.  I had been whining about the silly post op shoe that I had to wear for longer than expected and then there is my girl who thanks me for putting her braces back on in the morning.  I have much to learn from her!
 

Still as happy as ever snuggling with her babies before bed
 

Would you care for a cup of tea?


While I realize it looks like she is in pain here, I assure you she is not.  This is her "yummy" face.  When she sees something she wants to eat or tastes something delicious, she closes her eyes, rubs her belly, and says, "Mmmmm."  And it cracks us up every single time!
 
 
Road trip.  When Sena sucks her thumb, Addie sucks her finger.  And Sena gets mad every single time!

We're considering arranging a marriage with this little man.  Silas likes to kiss.  I am so serious.  He follows both Sena and Addie around with his lips puckered up and ready to deliver a smooch.  He is an absolute cutie pie!
 

Smooching Addie's belly. 
 

Ccccoooolllddd!
 
 
Thankful for these guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment