On this night last year, I was stalking email hoping to hear from the Embassy that Addie was cleared to come home. This year, I had an extra long snuggle time with my girl before bed and I am thanking God for the gift that she is to our family.
I always feel nostalgic as the anniversaries of important events come around. We just celebrated Isaac's 9th birthday and each year I think back to the moment they placed him in my arms. There are details of that day that I remember so vividly (like my doctor not showing up in time and the nurse advising me to "blow out the birthday candles." I participated in that nonsense for approximately two seconds and then told her that I was just going to go ahead and push. I did just that and, suddenly, another doctor materialized!). There are other details that have faded over time, but the joy of that day remains.
And so it is with adoption. The special milestone days with our girls are every bit as important and meaningful as the days that our boys entered our world. I am grateful for all the wonderful memories that we have made as a family and am thankful for these children that God has entrusted to us.
Mary
8 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment