I am SOOOOO excited! Can you tell? Our social worker called this morning and had the tone he takes when things aren't going great. He asked how I was and I told him that I was doing "ok" and then he asked how I would feel if he told me that our approval letter is on its way. I TOTALLY screamed in his ear and did the happy dance. This is huge. He was just told last week that DCFS was running behind schedule so I was totally caught off guard. I figured it might be another month before we would get our approval.
It is totally funny how God works - and I really do believe He is working and probably laughing a bit at me in the process. Yesterday, I was feeling discouraged because nothing really seemed to be moving forward with DCFS and we've been told that Immigration is taking longer than usual. I was just antsy all day. Last night I tried to drown my frustration in cake (and it was not at all satisfying, either) and then had a good cry and then finally talked to God about my issues. I told Him I really needed something to happen because I was just feeling so discouraged, but that I ultimately trust in His timing and I know He will work things out along the way. How funny that the very next day I got such fantastic news! It is just the encouragement I needed to carry me through the next waiting phase. This journey is full of so many ups and downs and the waiting waiting waiting is hard hard hard for a girl like me - I'm a girl with a plan! The current plan is to Fed Ex our approval letter and our home study to USCIS. Since we have already been fingerprinted, I am hoping that it will move a bit more quickly. We'll see. Stay tuned...
Mary
6 months ago

I love it, Jen!!!!!!! God is good!
ReplyDeleteMelissa