Sunday, January 9, 2011

Deja vu

After a busy weekend where I was able to put thoughts of an embassy date aside for the most part, my wheels are now turning since it is 6:00 am Monday in Ethiopia and the work week will soon be underway.  I wonder if any news on our case will be forthcoming and I'm sure I will be hovering near my phone, computer, or both waiting for news - just in case.  I am so ready to be done waiting for news.  I am also thinking of Kameron (http://theshadrickslove.com/) who will be reuniting with her sweet little Sara in just a few hours.  I can only imagine the joy that will fill her heart to have her little girl in her arms once again and this time she will not be leaving her behind.  I am hoping I will know that same joy very soon.  Once again, we find ourselves in the odd position of planning to go to Ethiopia, but possibly not knowing if we have a confirmed embassy appointment until the last minute.  John will be making sub plans (again), we will be making arrangements for the boys (again), we have plane tickets on hold (again), we have a guest house reserved (again), and we are mostly packed (not really again since I didn't unpack anything from the previous false start).  You get the idea...  It is difficult because we have to prepare everything in case we are going and I am trying SO HARD to protect my heart and not get my hopes up, but my heart doesn't understand when the wheels are in motion as if we are going.  I don't know what this week holds in store, but God does and I know He is with us whether we will be leaving for Ethiopia soon or not.

Psalm 29:11  The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.

1 comment:

  1. I know. It's hard to prepare without getting your heart involved. But I think you are wise to be ready. So hoping you will get this next embassy appointment!

    ReplyDelete