I am 2/3 of the way through Mary Beth Chapman's book
Choosing to See. I have enjoyed reading about their adoption processes for their three girls. I especially found interesting the part where they received an email, while preparing to travel to China for their second adoption, that said, "CANCEL ALL CHINA PLANS." There was an outbreak of SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) at the time and each province in China was gradually shutting down to adoption while they waited for this to pass. Mary Beth made the decision to leave for China that very day. She brought her daughter home just a week later when they were told it would take up to three weeks. What looked to be a hopeless situation after getting that email turned out much better than they could have expected. I am praying that something similar is in the works for us and the other families who are waiting out this mess with the embassy. When we found out that our embassy appointment would be delayed, I was devastated for those of us anticipating that appointment, as well as the families whose cases were not able to be submitted for Jan. 4th. They were hoping for the following embassy appointment, but since no families were cleared to travel for the 4th, everything has been pushed back further. We have waited a LONG time for Sena, but some of these families have been waiting even longer than we have and my heart hurts for them, too. My sister reminded me yesterday that there must be
some reason why God has allowed delay after delay in our case. He has it within His power to intervene, but He hasn't. There must be a good reason for it that I simply cannot see. So I will continue to trust that He is working things out for our good.
Wishing you peace and patience. I understand - my youngest (adopted from Guatemala and home now for more than seven years) came home several months later than we'd expected and it was excruciating. May it go quickly, quickly.
ReplyDeleteAll best,
Jennifer Grant
loveyoumorebook.com