Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Pity party in progress...enter at your own risk!

I went to bed a bundle of nerves last night and woke up in the same condition.  I checked my email first thing and there was no news.  I went to work and went about my business.  I called John a little before 8 and had him check email.  Nothing.  Shortly after 8, my cell phone rang and I saw that it was our case manager.  Heart palpitations began in earnest as I answered, but I could tell from her tone that it was not good news.  I have TRIED to guard my heart knowing this was a distinct possibilty.  However, I was unprepared for the devastating news that we weren't going to be leaving this Saturday as we were hoping.  It seems that the embassy has requested additional documents in our case, as well as the cases of the other families who were to have the same embassy appointment.  We might be able to travel for the next appointment, but I am really trying not to hold out hope for that because MY.HEART.CAN'T.TAKE.ANY.MORE.DISAPPOINTMENT.  The adoption process as a whole has been difficult.  The last several weeks have been INTOLERABLE.  I really mean that.  And now we have at least another two weeks of hoping and praying that good news will be forthcoming, but knowing that it is very possible that it won't be.  It stinks.  We have been caught up in one thing after another that has delayed our process and quite honestly, I AM DONE!  I know that in the grand scheme of things, another two weeks (or four or six or...) is not that big of a deal.  But right now - where I am sitting - it is an enormous deal.  We have bought tickets, we made guest house reservations, we packed, John made sub. plans, we made arrangements for our boys and now it all has to be undone.  Yuck.  I need to call the travel agent.  Ciao.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. :( My heart hurts for you, for Sena and the rest of your family. Many prayers for you all. (((((hugs)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so-so-so sorry! There is nothing I can say. Just know I've been thinking about you and that I care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 Dear brothers and sisters,[a] when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.
    -----

    just found out we have to re-apply for our I-600A because i am being laid off. It requires an updated homestudy and a 30-90 day wait for approval. I guess we both have a long way to go before we can be "perfect and complete, needing nothing."

    ReplyDelete