Another week has passed with no news on when we might see our girl again. Fridays seem to be harder than other days because I know no news will be forthcoming until at least Monday. Today was no exception and I was really struggling - I mean REALLY - and I called Becky at YWAM and asked her to pray for my heart. And she did - right on the phone - and I was so incredibly grateful. Her prayer was balm to my weary soul today and I am so thankful to be working with an agency that totally gets it and cares. God knows my heart and my heart has felt faint many times lately and yet He is with me. Even when I have allowed my emotions to consume me, He is with me. It is a constant battle to keep those emotions in check and one that I seem to be losing more and more often. As Becky's prayer so gently reminded me, God has His eye on Sena and He is watching over her, but it is still so hard for this Mama's heart to think about this precious little one sitting in an orphanage for the past 16 months when she could have been in my arms months ago. Arms that literally ache to hold her close again. She is being well cared for, but she is still in an institution. She has a family that loves her so much and wants her to come home and the only thing holding that up is stinking red tape. I have asked God so many times to move the mountains that stand in the way and to intervene so that we can bring her home soon. Ultimately, I just have to surrender my will to Him and know that He loves my baby girl with a love that puts mine to shame.
Psalm 13:5 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
Psalm 36:5-7 Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the highest mountains, your justice like the great deep. You, LORD, preserve both people and animals. How priceless is your unfailing love, O God! People take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
Mary
6 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment