Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Another one bites the dust

We found out this week that we definitely will not be able to use this:

That little plaque to the left of the dress says it all - and another dream has bitten the dust.  I had held out hope that some miracle might happen, but, alas, it was not to be.  Back in August when I had to give up the dream of having her home by her birthday, I thought that surely we would have Sena home by Christmas.  I will admit that I am REALLY struggling with disappointment.  I have to compartmentalize and just try not to think about my baby girl on the other side of the world, because when I do, the tears come and I AM SICK OF CRYING.  And here they come again....UGH.  Someday all of this will be a distant memory, but right now it is just plain difficult and I know I have whined and carried on about it a little too much lately, but that's where I'm at and I'm just keeping it real. 

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. It seems like we set reasonable, even conservative, timelines- so to watch them whiz right past is so disheartening. I have felt that myself several times over the past few months.

    I know this isn't helpful at the moment, but she IS YOURS, she WILL COME HOME, you WILL BE a family! Just...you know...not as soon as you'd like. Throw a fit, yell a little (to yourself, no one else in the house wants to hear it) stomp your feet, and then ask God to continue to give you the patience you need. Ask Him to remind you of His promise.

    Hugggggg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughhhh. I'm so sorry. I've been looking for your email and can't find it. Hurting for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From her photograph, she looks well cared for, happy, and safe. I hope that can be of some comfort to you, knowing that she is unaware of the anxiety and angst. I pray the Holy Spirit comforts you.

    ReplyDelete