I mentioned the reality check that I had last week while reading John Bul Dau's book entitled God Grew Tired of Us. This week I have been reading Immaculee Ilibagiza's book Left to Tell about the Rwandan genocide and how her faith in God sustained her through the many horrors she encountered during that time. Both of these books are must reads. I cannot even begin to comprehend the tragic circumstances that both John and Immaculee found themselves in and yet they each came through those experiences with a vision and a passion to do something to make a difference in the world around them. God had a plan for their lives and no one - NO ONE - could stand in the way of that. He kept them and sustained them. Wow.
Romans 8:31 ... If God is for us, who can be against us?
Mary
6 months ago

My husband and I have read Left to Tell more than once. It is a humbling book. It is what originally set our eyes toward Africa... we shall see where it ultimately takes us! :)
ReplyDelete