Saturday, October 15, 2011

Excitement at the mailbox

Today we received our biometric fingerprint appointment notice in the mail.  In early November, we'll be heading to Indianapolis to have our fingerprints taken.  Just a few days later, we'll be heading to Indy again for this event.  I am so excited to be able to experience a little piece of Ethiopia right here in the midwest.  Several of our friends who have adopted children from ET will also be there, so that will make it even more special. 

We talk about Ethiopia a lot around here.  There is something compelling about that place and it will always hold a special place in our hearts because it is the country of our daughter's birth.  Last weekend, we visited John's family in the Chicago area.  On Saturday, we woke up to a bright and sunny fall morning.  As we were heading out to Deerfield's Bakery for pastries, John mentioned how it just seemed like an Ethiopia morning.  I was thinking the exact same thing.  As we were driving, we even got a whiff of some fumes that reminded us of driving around Addis.  Oh the nostalgia!!  We are approaching the one year mark of meeting Sena and it just does not seem possible.  I am amazed as I consider how our lives have changed in the past year.  It isn't just the addition of a precious baby girl to our family, but somehow experiencing Ethiopia changed our hearts.

3 comments:

  1. Since coming back from Et the first time, I have felt like a square peg in a round hole. It just changed the way I look at everything-so I completely understand the heart thing.

    So excited it is moving at a good clip:) Praying that it continues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting about the biometrics appt. I can't believe how quick it is going. Praying for God's perfect timing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! I am on pins and needles for ours. I even dreamed last night that it had been in the mailbox and I just hadn't seen it (despite the double check!). I don't know what I'll do if it isn't there tomorrow. I guess this is the one downfall of going through it at the same time as someone else! I'm still planning that we'll be going together though! So glad that this time is going so much smoother for you guys!

    ReplyDelete