Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Full circle

Putting together our dossier this time around is different for many reasons, but the primary one is the little person that is here with me.  She doesn't like to sit quietly next to Mommy for a few minutes while I tend to some paperwork (imagine that!)  As I type this, I am out of breath from wrestling clothes back onto my little sweetie.  It took less than two minutes for her to disappear into my bedroom, strip her clothes off, and put my underwear on.  Good times.  She is now safely tucked into her bed and I have some time to work without fear of her taking part in any or all of the following:

1. deodorant application
2. toothpaste application a.k.a. eating toothpaste
3. jewelry application
4. makeup application

She is all about participating fully in all activities around here.  And she does so with gusto!  God must have thought we needed some entertainment and He has certainly provided it through her. 

All I wanted was a nice picture of my girl and me...

...but she just couldn't seem to take it seriously...

...oh well.  I'll take what I can get.

There is also a fair amount of nonsense that goes on with her brothers

Wrestling, hollering, and just general silliness

Here she is trying to keep Isaac from making an escape.  Wow - his feet are enormous for a 7 year old.

Hmmm...what can I do with this?

Yep - Queen of the mountain!


We were talking over dinner last night about what it is going to be like to have another little one around here.  We are approved for either a boy or a girl and it will be interesting to see just who God adds to our family.  It is going to be so different (read much more difficult) having two little ones in our family.  Right now, Sena doesn't really have to practice the fine art of sharing because the boys aren't particularly interested in playing with her toys.  Conflicts between her and the boys are minimal - most likely because of the age difference.  She receives quite a bit of attention from them, but when that attention is then shared with another child, it is going to be a challenge.  We believe that adding a child to our family is going to have the greatest impact on Sena at this point in time.  It will likely rock her world initially.  Just as we did each time a child has been added to our family, we will do our best to help each one know how much we love them and how much they are valued as members of our family.  For obvious reasons, we will be extra intentional about that with Sena.  When John and I were dating, I told him that I wanted to have five kids.  After I had two kids, I amended that statement.  Now here we are preparing to add child number five to our family.  I guess we can have a basketball team after all...

4 comments: