Monday, December 31, 2012

Reflection

As I look back over 2012, I am reminded of what an incredibly full year it has been.  The most significant events for our family came as we added a new daughter and as we lost our wonderful Papa.  He was one of a kind and we miss him so much. We are thankful for the time that we had with him here on this earth and rest in the promise that we will see him again someday.

I truly believe that God knew we would need some sunshine to get us through the difficult days following Papa's death and He sent it in the form of a tiny girl from Ethiopia.  Addie has been such a blessing to our family and I am thankful that I get to be that sweet girl's mama.

As we look ahead to the new year, there are some challenges that we know are ahead of us, but we are trusting God to give us what we need to persevere.

Some highlights from 2012:

Practicing her diaper changing skills

Gotcha day anniversary with Sahara

Seeing Addie for the first time

Holding Addie for the first time

Blue Nile Gorge

Passing court on the first try

Meeting the family we sponsor at Korah

Some Valentine's Day surprises

Meeting fellow YWAM mamas at Created for Care

All my babies in one place!

LOVE THIS GIRL!

Last picture with Papa

Home Sweet Home

Sisters!

Silly!

My little football loving princess

These two have a close bond - the Ergo must have facilitated that

Daddy's girl

So silly

Reading

First day of school

First trip to the hospital

Addie's first pedicure

Time to go night night

Blowing out the candles

Ladybugs!

Visit to Grandma's

Meeting Jeanette

Cuties!

Officially Addise

Merry Christmas...

 
...and a Happy New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment