Sweet babies
Our home for the week
The girls saw the ocean for the first time
So much fun in the sand!
Addie loves to dig
Checking out the view with Daddy
Mama's girl
Isaac and Daddy
On Wednesday, June 5, we headed to Savannah, Georgia. I LOVE Savannah. There is so much history there, as well as some really yummy food!
We took a trolley tour of the city. If you ever visit, I highly recommend the tour.
There are some amazing homes and buildings there
Someone was a wee bit sleepy on the tour
Per the recommendation of my fellow YWAM mama, Lisa, we visited The Pirate's House for lunch. We made friends with a Scottish piratess. HA!
Ummmm....these biscuits were FABULOUS! This girl loves a good biscuit and I am quite certain these are the best ones EVER!
Too cute to be a pirate!
I haven't done this in months and months, so I rather enjoyed some Ergo time with Sena.
They are a wee bit strange
The First African Baptist Church. This place is amazing. We visited four years ago and wanted to go back again. The tours for the day were over when we arrived, but they let us come in anyway. This church was stop on the underground railroad.
Beneath this floor is a tunnel that slaves went through trying to make their way north.
John bought me the Back in the Day Bakery cookbook last year and I knew that if we ever visited Savannah again, I wanted to check out the bakery. I was so thankful to have the opportunity to do just that. When we arrived, my brother-in-law asked if the owners were there and we waited for a bit while Cheryl (pictured with me above) finished a meeting. She came out to talk with us and I loved every minute of it! We talked about things that only bakers would probably care about and she even gave me a tour of her kitchen. Her shop is so neat and her treats were quite delicious. If you are in need of a good cookbook, check out the Back in the Day Bakery cookbook. There are some great recipes in there and I hear there is another one in the works that features a lot of pie recipes!
A stop in Savannah is not complete without a trip to the Lady and Sons. Paula wasn't there, so we had the next best thing - a cardboard cutout of her!
Enjoying a yummy dinner. We may have each gained five pounds after our stop in Savannah.

No comments:
Post a Comment