For the past two and a half years, we have shared a simple version of "her" story with Sena. It focuses mostly on our meeting and bringing her home. Lately, she has been asking to hear her story more and more often. She has also been asking more and more questions. Tonight, she wanted to know about the orphanage. Who lived there? Why did her friends take care of her? My heart just sank as I fumbled to come up with an answer to the second question. I realized in that moment that our period of blissful obliviousness was over. She is only four and yet she is beginning to process something that is so heavy. My heart hurts that she even has to do this thing. Four year olds should not have to ponder why they were cared for by someone other than Daddy and Mommy. I wish that I could scoop her up and smother her with kisses and make it all go away, but I can't. It is part of her.
One thing I know - this girl is STRONG. She has opened her heart and allowed love to do what only love can do. We have a strong foundation upon which to build and I am trusting that God will guide us through whatever we face in the years ahead.
One of my favorite songs is Beautiful Things by Gungor. It is a reminder to me that God can take difficult circumstances and redeem them in ways that we cannot even comprehend. I am thankful for the beautiful thing He has made in my sweet girl.
All this pain
I wonder if I'll ever find my way?
I wonder if my life could really change at all?
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found?
Could a garden come up from this ground at all?
I wonder if I'll ever find my way?
I wonder if my life could really change at all?
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found?
Could a garden come up from this ground at all?
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us
All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us
Oh, you make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us
You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are making me new
Making me new
You make me new, You are making me new
Making me new
You make beautiful things
(You make me new)
You make beautiful things out of the dust
(You are making me new, making me new)
(You make me new)
You make beautiful things out of the dust
(You are making me new, making me new)
You make beautiful things
(You make me new)
You make beautiful things out of us
(You are making me new, making me new)
(You make me new)
You make beautiful things out of us
(You are making me new, making me new)
Oh, you make beautiful things
(You make me new)
You make beautiful things out of the dust
(You are making me new, making me new)
(You make me new)
You make beautiful things out of the dust
(You are making me new, making me new)
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are making me new

No comments:
Post a Comment