We had our first visit with the social worker and it went amazingly well. I made a blunder a couple of weeks ago and sent in our fingerprints to the FBI and the state of Illinois and did not send the required fee. I figured they would just send them back to us, but they went ahead and processed them. We're clear! Or, I should say, I am clear and John is at this very minute having his FBI prints redone because there were a couple that were smudged. Another very cool thing happened that even our SW was amazed by. Our background checks are back already. Normally they take 6-8 weeks and ours took one. ONE, I tell you! We are rolling right along. Our file kept getting fatter as the visit went on because I kept giving him paperwork that has already been completed. I like fat files! I asked him if he could come back Friday for the next visit. Unfortunately, we'll have to wait at least a couple of weeks. In the meantime, we'll continue to work on the remaining paperwork for the home study and Dossier. But we are making some serious progress. YEA!
No comments:
Post a Comment