Last night a group of 36 assembled at our house and we all had one thing in common. Three families have already adopted from Ethiopia and the other four of us are in the process of adopting from there. It is rather crazy what a small world we live in. Of the seven families represented, we live in 5 different towns and attend 5 different churches, but somehow we all came together to eat, play (the 22 children who behaved beautifully!!), and talk adoption. Those of us in the process were picking the brains of those who already have their children home on everything from the situation with bugs in Ethiopia (this was my concern, I admit, and apparently an unfounded one due to the altitude), surviving a 17 hour plane ride with young children, to the wonderful way the children have acclimated to their forever families. It is a beautiful thing to behold. Only a loving God could take the sadness that is innate in any adoption situation due to the loss of the first family and truly turn it into something beautiful. He is good!
Today we were fingerprinted - again! This is the third time and we still have one more to go. I have never committed a crime that I am aware of (except for the time I took a pack of gum from the grocery store when I was a very young child. My mom discovered it pretty quickly and hauled my fanny right back to the store where a prompt apology was given and that is the last time I shoplifted). But I digress...there is a part of me that worries, "What if something shows up? What if I was FRAMED?" Is that even possible??? Possibly I have watched too many detective shows - or not enough - whichever the case may be.
Mary
6 months ago

We had a great time Sunday night! We need to do that quarterly, don't you think? Thanks for hosting all of us!
ReplyDeleteWe had a great time too....so comforting to know others who are in the same boat!!!
ReplyDelete