Thursday, October 29, 2009

Biding My Time

I have been envisioning baby rooms and here is a crib set that I absolutely LOVE! Can you say sweet? I will admit that when I was pregnant with Isaac and hadn't yet had an ultrasound to tell me he was a boy, I went out and bought a pink crib set (as well as some sweet little dresses) just in case. I knew that if he was a boy, I wouldn't have that opportunity again. The evening of the ultrasound, I returned them. I very quickly got back on the boy bandwagon and had an adorable room fixed up for him in no time! In fact, when we moved the boys' rooms around earlier this year, I was rather sad to see the end of Isaac's "baby room." He still tells me on occasion that he misses his baby room. It is now home to Jack and painted dark blue and tan. That will soon give way to something in the brown and pink family!

The baby room planning is a somewhat futile attempt to distract me from the fact that I am powerless to do anything to speed the home study along. I know that nothing can proceed at this point until that document is written and sent to DCFS for approval. I have done everything that I possibly can do in terms of dossier paperwork. So we wait. And wait. And wait. And when the home study is done, we'll wait some more. And some more. And some more. Someday, in what seems like a very distant future, we will hold a beautiful baby girl in our arms and will forget all about this waiting game. It is not unlike pregnancy and forgetting how much of a pain it is to wake up multiple times per night to visit the facilities or the aches and pains and heartburn and other results of carrying a bowling ball in your belly. No pain, no gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment