Monday, October 5, 2009

Headbands and Passports


My friend Tracy brought me this adorable headband this morning. It is something that could literally bring tears to a girl's eyes! I realize it is just a thing, but to me, it is symbolic of the whole "girly" thing that I have heretofore not experienced. How about that for a vocabulary word!? Thank you, Tracy, for this very sweet gift!
Today also was the day that I went to apply for my passport. One step closer to our girl. Of course, that also means that I will be boarding a plane at some point and I do not like to dwell on that little event. I am trying to focus instead on the baby girl at the end of this journey and not the mode of transportation to Ethiopia. Planes do, in fact, scare the bejeebers out of me and I have not been on one in many years as a result.
I spoke to our case manager today about when we can go on the referral list for our agency. As soon as they approve a draft of our home study and pay our agency fees, we'll be on the list. It will most likely be 6-9 months from that date to our referral. Now we just wait for the study to be written. Unfortunately, that might take a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment