We paid a visit to the travel doctor today and came away with a slew of pharmaceuticals, as well as sore arms. As it turns out, I think I'm a bit of a baby (no snide remarks from those of you who happen to agree with this assessment, either.) I totally made John hold my hand and I squeezed his hand really tight and turned my eyes away as my shots were being administered. He, on the other hand, sat there and watched his shots go into his arm and it didn't faze him at all. His arms might be "slightly" sore, but they're not slowing him down. I, on the other hand, think I will probably have to take some time off work because rolling out pie crust requires some serious arm strength and I just won't have it for a week or so. Just kidding, Tracy!
It has dawned on me before, but not quite as strongly as today: I am going to AFRICA!!! Never, and I mean NEVER, did I expect to be going to Africa. It is funny how God changes the game plan. I have been quite content with my little life here in Central Illinois. Last year, however, I realized that baking pies is not going to make a big difference in anyone's life (including my own, unless you count the extra pounds that I am not working to shed, but I digress...). At about the time I had that epiphany, my heart was pulled in a direction that I never anticipated. Here we are nine months later and my heart aches to hold a precious baby I have never met. Who knew? I certainly didn't, but God did. He also knows how the next phase of this plan is going to unfold, but He hasn't made me privy to that information yet. I will continue to wait. As the ring tone on my cell phone reminds me every time it rings:
While I'm waiting,
I will serve you,
While I'm waiting,
I will worship...
And so I shall!
Mary
6 months ago

If I can do it, anyone can! God is going to use even the travel to continue a work in you of trusting our completely trustworthy God! Isn't He something else?
ReplyDeleteI love your heart!
Becky
Thanks Becky! I just wish the trust part wasn't so hard. I know this is something that God has been trying to teach me for a LONG time and I am FINALLY starting to get it.
ReplyDeleteHow do you know what to get done in prep for traveling? I guess we should be doing this too????
ReplyDelete