Thursday, April 8, 2010

Perspective

I told someone today that it was my baby's birthday and her response was, "baby S?" She's not even here yet, but she is already thought of as my baby. That warms a Mama's heart. It is actually Isaac's 6th birthday today. That just does not seem possible. It seems only yesterday that I held his sweet newborn self in my arms and now he is such a big boy and becoming more independent all the time. Sigh.
Where does the time go? It is so amazing to me how perspective colors a situation. In Isaac's case, it seems that the time has flown by. Now as we wait for baby S, it seems that the days just drag! I am one who gets a bit emotional with each of my boys' birthdays. I always make a big deal of their special day and I think they really appreciate it. You can imagine, then, how much my heart longs to bring baby S home by her birthday in late summer. I am trying not to dwell on that too much because there is a very good possibility that will not happen. I am praying that God will make a way and it starts with the MoWA office in Addis Ababa reopening. Will you pray with me for that to happen? Not only for our family, but also for many others who also need the same approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment