Sunday, April 25, 2010

Random

We are putting together a care package to send to baby S. I am having so much fun buying little things for her that she will actually be able to wear in the near future. Jack went with me Friday night to shop in the baby department. Let's just say he didn't really love perusing the many choices the way his mother did! Boys! That same boy, however, does seem to have an interest in cooking and is making eggs for us as I write this. He has also dabbled with brownies and has managed to turn out some good ones, though he does like to experiment with adding ingredients that make this baker cringe (for example: if you add marshmallows to the batter *before* you cook the brownies, you end up with hard pieces that are reminiscient of egg shells and biting into said pieces brings on the shudders, but I digress...) I really should take his interest and channel it into making real meals. That would be a tremendous help around here!!


I have been outnumbered in this household for almost 11 years now. I have been pondering how the addition of a little girl will alter the dynamics of our family and I'm sure much of that will depend on her personality. I am so looking forward to discovering what she is all about! Will she be mellow? Dramatic? Silly? Serious? Spunky? I can't wait to meet her and find out. In any case, I am sure she will have her brothers and Daddy wrapped around her little finger in no time at all. Jack was telling us yesterday about a note that he received from school that was intended for girls and he wondered why he got it. I explained that they send the notes home with all the students because they might have sisters at home, etc. He said, "Yeah, well my sister is in Ethiopia." It amazes me how easily they have accepted the reality that our family is welcoming a child through adoption. I know it has not hurt that we have several friends who have also done likewise and it is just normal to them. If only everyone felt that way, this world would be a much better place!!

On a final note, it is very amusing for me to hear Isaac, age 6, talk about how MoWA is closed. The boys know all about why we are not able to proceed right now. I am also so encouraged by the people who have come up to me and told me they are fervently praying for the MoWA situation and praying that God will open the door so that we can bring our girl home. Thank you for your faithfulness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment