Saturday, April 3, 2010

He is Faithful

Today has been rather difficult, though I can't pinpoint the exact reason. Nothing has changed...still waiting. I'm a planner and the nature of adoption makes it rather difficult to plan anything. You just never know when things are going to happen. Two weeks ago we received word that MoWA was temporarily closed. At the time, I was disappointed, but I figured it would open up again soon and we would be in business. And it might. I'm trying to prepare myself in case it does not. For some foolish reason, I had convinced myself that since our home study process was rather drawn out and difficult, that things would be a little easier to handle once we got to the point when we were actually waiting for our daughter - for a referral, for a court date, for the opportunity to go to Ethiopia and finally meet her and take her home with us. Boy - was I wrong! Now that we know who it is we have been waiting for, it is painful to think of her being on one side of the world and us on the other and there is NOTHING we can do to expedite the process of us being together. With every day that passes, I am missing out on a part of her life. I know that God loves this baby more than I ever could and that His plan for her is good. I also know that He is working it out in His perfect timing. Sometimes my heart forgets that. Just when I think that I have made progress, I am reminded that I still have so far to go. Thank you, Lord, that you don't give up on us!

Psalm 139: 1 O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. 2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. 3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. 4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD. 5 You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. 7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? 8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, 10 even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment