We received word today that we will be required to travel to Ethiopia twice after all. We first heard three weeks ago about the two trip policy, then we heard last week that the policy was postponed, and today we found out that it is indeed in place for all adoptive parents who have court dates after May 1st. It's kind of like MoWA - it's closed, it's open, it's closed... Flexibility is the name of the game. I find myself being brought to what I think is the limit of what I can handle over and over again and yet God has proven Himself faithful. I know in my heart that He will continue to provide what we need - both financially and emotionally - but my head wants to think otherwise. One trip was going to be a huge leap for me (because of the whole airplane thing), but two trips is REALLY going to be a stretch. We also have the whole issue of leaving our children, but I can't even go there right now. The logistics of that are nightmarish. Whining will do nothing to change anything at this point, so I'm going to pull myself together and focus on the goal - she is completely worth it!
Amen, sister...those precious kids *are* worth it! What's money to their Creator? :)
ReplyDelete