but no referral today. Hopefully we'll have it by the end of the week. All in God's timing - that is going to be my new motto! It really is a much better place to be than waiting on pins and needles for the next step in the process. I talked to a friend yesterday who is also considering adoption. I told her that what started as our family doing something to make a difference in the life of a child has evolved into a radical change in my whole way of thinking and in the way I view the world. It is interesting to me that we thought we were simply following God's leading to care for an orphan and yet I find myself in the most vulnerable position I have EVER encountered in my life. I can do nothing but trust that He has this whole thing under control. I am a planner and a doer by nature. I like to know what is going to happen and precisely when it is going to take place. I like to have all finances in order before I undertake anything big - a home improvement project, a vacation, etc. The adoption process has turned all of those things that I like completely upside down. And, for the most part, I am ok with that. It is causing me to rely on God in a way that I have never really had to before. It is unsettling at times, but I also know that it is good for me.
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
Mary
8 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment