Saturday, March 13, 2010

The news just keeps getting better and better

I AM GOING TO YELL FOR JUST A MINUTE! MOWA IS OPEN!!! THAT MEANS THAT WE WILL BE GETTING A REFERRAL FOR OUR DAUGHTER POSSIBLY AS EARLY AS MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, I am done yelling. Where to begin....First of all, I would like to say that if we ever had any doubt that God had His hand on our adoption, every doubt has flown out the window. Just yesterday we received our I171H and today we received word that the ADORABLE baby girl that captured my heart a couple of months ago is now paper ready. How cool that we both achieved paper ready status so close together!!
Let me back up a bit...in early January, there were several baby girls added to YWAM's waiting child list. I would visit the website daily and look at their sweet faces and wonder if one of them might be ours. Over a period of time, I was drawn to one baby in particular. Her story touched my heart and I couldn't help falling in love with her. Friends told me they were concerned about the attachment that I seemed to have for a baby that I very likely would not be able to have. I kept thinking that there was a reason why I was drawn to her and in my heart I believed that was because she was ours. I didn't want to set myself up for heartache, but I couldn't help it. A few weeks ago, we received word that several babies were removed from the waiting list because they were waiting on one piece of paper from the Ministry of Women's Affairs in Ethiopia. That office had been closed for quite some time and no one knew when it might reopen. Because of that, YWAM felt it was best to remove the babies until they received that final paper. While I completely understood that, I was saddened because I would no longer be able to look at the sweet face that I had come to love. Time went on and we went about our business. The final document for our dossier arrived just yesterday and we sent the dossier to be authenticated. I was prepared for the next leg of the adoption journey that I knew would involve more waiting and wondering. I have been praying for the opening of MOWA and praying specifically that Joy, the YWAM Ethiopia director, would have a clear idea of when MOWA might reopen. Before she left, we asked about being matched with sweet baby S once we were paper ready with the full understanding that nothing could move forward until MOWA reopened. NEVER in my wildest dreams did I expect the phone call that I got from Becky at YWAM this morning. Not only did she give me the fantastic news that MOWA is indeed open (which is amazingly wonderful for us, but even more so for the many children and families who have been stuck for a long time waiting for this to happen), but she said that we could have a referral for baby S as soon as Monday. I was SHOCKED! And so excited! This is happening WAY sooner than we ever thought possible. I proceeded to call family and friends who have been so supportive of us and I do apologize to all of you for your sore ears. I'm afraid I could not contain my excitement and I got REALLY loud. My throat is now scratchy and somewhat sore, but it's all good. Isaac was the only one home at the time of the blessed phone call and I think he thought his mother had lost her marbles because I was jumping around and shouting like a wild woman. John and the older boys were at a church basketball game and were so excited to find out the news upon their arrival home. We are beyond thrilled and cannot wait to meet our new daughter and sister. WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

4 comments:

  1. Got me crying, Jen! What joy and excitement. It is a miracle, really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not explain to you how HAPPY I am for you guys!! We have gone through this crazy process together and I fell like it's a step in the right direction for me too!!! I pray our girls are close in age so they can grow up "besties". Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I are also adopting from YWAM and have had our eye on a beautiful little girl. Isn't it amazing how God works on your heart and shows you just the right child for your family? I am so happy for all of those families who have been waiting for MoWA to reopen. Even though the child we are looking at wasn't affected by the closure, I still cried this morning when I saw those familiar faces back up on the site and praised God for His faithfulness! I am so happy for your family!

    Also, I enjoy reading your blog. It lifts my spirits and keeps me grounded as my husband and I go through our own adoption experience. :)

    ReplyDelete