Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Expectant

Things are a little different around here as we anticipate the arrival of our newest family member than they were the previous times. Instead of reading What to Expect When You're Expecting, I'm reading Toddler Adoption: The Weaver's Craft and Thriving as an Adoptive Family. I've been learning a lot about the issues we may face in bringing our sweet girl home. There is so much loss inherent in any adoptive situation, but I believe we serve a God who is more than able and willing to heal the broken places and bring joy from a painful circumstance. That isn't to say it will be easy. I'm not expecting easy. But, I am expecting to fully trust God to give us what we need in order to be the family this little one needs.

I'm pretty sure my husband wasn't on the laptop trying to learn Amharic words and phrases prior to the arrivals of our sons! He wants to be able to communicate at least a little when we are in Ethiopia and he has always been interested in languages. We are excited about exploring the culture of Ethiopia and we hope our daughter will always feel a connection with the country in which she was born. Our hearts will forever be tied to Ethiopia and we intend to continue to invest in the work that YWAM is doing there for the long term. There are some amazing things going on there. If you haven't checked out the blog, here is the link: http://www.thatwemightbeadopted.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment