Monday, March 29, 2010

Hope Deferred...

We were expecting to receive a referral last week for baby S. However, the Ministry of Women's Affairs for the Oromia region that is located in Addis Ababa is now closed temporarily. An approval from this office is necessary before our agency can petition for a court date. Because baby S is from the Oromia region, we cannot move forward until that office reopens. So, we wait and pray that the MoWA office opens soon.

I am learning that it is probably a good idea to let go of all expectations in this process because so much of it is completely out of our control. I know that God sees the big picture and I don't and that is where I just have to trust Him. I have had SO many opportunties to practice that trust recently and I do believe progress is being made.

It is hard for me to understand how it is possible to love someone you have never met, but I do. I loved my boys from the moment I knew of their existence. Several months into the pregnancy, I just ached to hold them. Alas, I am feeling the same way about this girl. She has captured my heart and I'm afraid there is a piece of it that will continue to ache until I finally have her in my arms. Lest you think I am completely delusional, let me assure you that I have been researching many aspects of adoption and I know the chances are good that she may not even want me to hold her and may, in fact, CRY when I finally get my hands on her! We'll give her time to adjust and hope that it won't take too long before she realizes just how much she is loved and wanted in our family!

Proverbs 13:12 Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life.

I am holding on for the fulfillment!!

3 comments:

  1. We'll keep each other strong, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adoption is so hard... I'm so sorry you have to deal with this wait. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete