I have been working on Sena's life book with the goal of completing it by her birthday in less than three weeks. I have been going through pictures and paperwork and trying to put into words the story of her in the best way I can. In doing so, I can't help but think of her first family and sometimes that is just really, really hard. My heart hurts for all that they are missing and I'm not sure that will ever go away. This girl has brought so much joy to our lives and sometimes it is simply hard to reconcile our joy with their loss. As I have been looking through the pictures of her shortly after birth, at four months, at seven months, at ten months, and at a year old, I am reminded of all the times my arms just ached to hold her while we waited those many months for her. All I can say is that SHE.WAS.WORTH.IT. Every tear, every heartache - I would do it all again in a minute for her. As I rocked her before bed tonight, I snuggled her extra long and hugged her a little tighter as I thanked God for this precious life He has entrusted to us. And I hope that her Mama in Heaven knows how much this little one is loved.

She cracks me up!
Her smile lights up a room.
Is she turning 2 already?!! Giving yourself a deadline for her life book is a really good idea. I'm supposed to be making one this summer too, only I haven't started it yet.
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute!