Addie is with her Daddy! Hearing her little noises in the background as I talked to him today just did my heart good. I simply cannot wait to see her again. Around 10am, he went to the transition home and was welcomed with flowers. Addie was wearing one of the little dresses we sent to her last month with another YWAM family who was traveling for court. John said she did not cry at all when he held her. I am not surprised by that at all considering her reaction to him when we were there for court. After spending some time at the transition home, they headed over to our agency's offices for a lunch feast. One of the ladies there wanted to hold Addie while John ate, but she resisted going to her. She wanted her Daddy. Oh how I love that!
After a very full day that culminated with a goodbye party at the transition home, John and Addie went back to the guest house. I called him shortly after they arrived back there. As we talked, John said Addie snuggled up to him, laid her head on his chest, and proceeded to fall asleep. We ended the call so that he could put her jammies on and put her to bed. He emailed me later to say that he snuggled her for a few minutes and she fell asleep on him. He transferred her to her bed and that was it. Thank you, Lord, for an amazing first day together! He said it could not have gone any better. Though I desperately wish I was there with them, I am thankful for the one on one time that the two of them have together. I know it is laying the foundation for another sweet daddy-daughter relationship. I know I have said it before, but John is a pretty amazing husband and father and I am so grateful for him.
Tomorrow is another full day. He will be shopping and hanging out with our friend, Kameron, and her father in the morning. We were in Ethiopia with Kameron and her daughter, Sarah, last January. We never would have imagined that things would line up for another meeting in Ethiopia, but Kameron's court date for her sweet son and our embassy date just happened to be a few days apart! So cool. Our embassy appointment is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon and then dinner at Yod Abyssinia is on the agenda. On Friday, John will get Addie's visa and then Friday night they will be on their way HOME! I can't wait to see them. Less than three days. Woo hoo!!
Mary
6 months ago

I am giddy reading this!!!! God is so awesome!
ReplyDeleteI love that you are able to update while he's there with her. How incredibly sweet. Couting down the days with you until Saturday!
ReplyDeleteSo happy they are together-and it sounds like they had a great day.
ReplyDeleteSo happy! Can't wait to hea rtha tshe is home and in her momma's arms:)
ReplyDeleteSaturday is SOON! Excited for you!
ReplyDelete