I cannot tell you how relieved I was when I saw on the monitor that the flight was on the ground in Chicago. My heart was racing as we waited for them to come through the same doors that John and Sena came through 14 1/2 months ago. Once I caught a glimpse of them, my heart just melted. They were HOME! The boys were thrilled to meet their new sister. Sena spent a fair amount of time rolling around on the floor of the airport and acting a bit uncertain of her Daddy, but she got over that fairly quickly and then was all about giving the balloons we had brought to her sister.
Floor time at O'Hare
Excited about our new arrival
Watching both ways with Uncle Bernie
At last!!
Everyone was missing Daddy
Sweet girl does not know what to think
Holding Addie again after almost 3 months
Oh how I have longed to kiss those sweet chubby cheeks
Getting acquainted with the brothers
Sena sharing balloons with the sister
She is a snuggler!
The two girls checking each other out
Taking turns holding Addie
Well hello there
I cannot even describe how good this felt
Mommy might be ok after all
Greeting Isaac
More floor time at O'Hare
Sena leading the pack
Trying out her carseat for the first time
Sena is mulling over some mischief
No socks!
These two might give us a run for our money
Papa with his kids and grandkids. Sadly, he had to go to the hospital that night. He has been fighting lymphoma and finished treatment a few weeks ago, but still isn't feeling great. Praying he feels better soon!
Mama and her girls.
Ummmm...yeah. I am in love.
I am so thankful that we are all together. We have a family of seven. SEVEN! I am still trying to wrap my brain around that. The adjustment is going well and Sena is doing way better than I would have expected. She even asked to give Addie a kiss before her nap today - up until now, she has offered air kisses (kind of funny, but true). The boys love their new little sister, but are giving plenty of attention to Sena, too. I am so thankful for the five lives that God has entrusted to us and I am thankful for His grace as we figure out how to navigate the journey ahead.

*BIG SMILE*.
ReplyDeleteYou have FIVE kids !!!!!!! Hee hee!
this.could.not.be.any.better!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWoooo Praise the Lord! what sweet precious blessings you are to each other.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Erika
Love this.
ReplyDelete