Friday, November 23, 2012

Traditions

In keeping with tradition, today was our annual trek to the tree farm to cut down our Christmas tree.  The girls donned Santa shirts for the occasion:

 
Last week, I pulled out some of our other Christmas decorations.  Sena was so excited when I placed lights in the garland on the banister and on our fireplace.  This girl LOVES Christmas and the decorations that come along with it. 
 
 Last year, she was not at all a fan of Santa:
 
 
For some reason, she is really excited about him (or the idea of him) this year.  As I was getting the decorations out, she kept asking me about him.  Then, she parked herself by the window and waited for him to drive up in his car.  I have no idea where she got that idea! 
 

Posing with our tree

Jack's job is to drag the tree to the car

Christmas cookies were also on the agenda.  It took about one minute for Addie to be covered in flour.

She wasn't as interested in cutting out the cookies as she was in stuffing dough in her mouth.  And she stuffed with fury!

Trimming the tree

It was Sena's year to place the star and she was very excited about that job!

The finished product.  This is my favorite tree yet.  I think I might say that every year.  I also have a feeling this might be the year the tree tips over.  I'm going to predict a certain little lady will be responsible for that...

I cannot believe how big these guys have gotten.
 
I'm pretty sure it was just yesterday that they looked like this:
 
Where has the time gone?

 

Giving Daddy some love.  I have to say that these girls hit the jackpot in the Daddy department and he hit the jackpot in the daughter department.  It's a win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment