Thursday, March 7, 2013

Wendem/Ehit

One of my favorite things about our adoptions has been watching the relationships between brothers and sisters unfold.  Those of us who have more than one boy in our family know that there is something peculiar that happens when boys get together.  They come up with all sorts of craziness that usually involves being rough and loud.  That was my life for many years and, somehow, I got used to it.  When we brought Sena home two years ago, I wasn't sure what that would do for our family dynamic. The boys had been incredibly supportive and excited about their sister from the day we told them of our plans to adopt, but little girls were a whole new concept around our house. When the big day finally came and we were united as a family, it was nothing short of amazing.

Getting their first glimpse of baby sister in person
 
As I watched the gentleness and kindness that the boys showed to Sena, my heart melted.  Seeing their softer sides was priceless.  I am so thankful that God's plan included a sister.  And another sister!!  In His infinite wisdom, He knew that we needed these girls and they needed us.    
 

Blessings!
 
 
I love seeing a teenager being reduced to a pile of mush by his sister

More mush

Snuggly sisters

Sena's family day

All three boys have been lobbying for a brother.  This little guy almost makes me want to take the plunge.  Almost.
 
Bidding farewell to the brothers and Daddy before school. 

Sisters!
 
Addie found this binky somewhere and decided that she kind of likes it.  This cracks me up as she has never taken a pacifier or sucked her thumb.

This is what happens when busy girls get their hands on a vegetable brush and decide to "fix" their own hair.  So much for the cute puffs that Mommy did.
 
As I type this, this girl is standing behind me doing "shingles" on my hair and when I said, "OW!" she told me it doesn't hurt.  Hmmm...I wonder where she has heard that line before.
 
While life with five kids is anything but easy, it is good and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Some days I long for peace and quiet, but then I remember that all too soon these boys and girls will be grown and doing their own thing and I'll be wishing for the way things used to be.  Bring on the craziness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment