Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Happy Heart

In the last few days, I have had a number of people ask when we are "getting our baby."  I wish I knew.  It is hard for people who aren't familiar with international adoption to understand why it takes so long - especially when there are so many children in need of homes.  Who am I kidding - it's hard for me to understand that, too!  It is nice to know that so many people care. 

A couple of friends have mentioned that they think I've been pretty calm concerning the adoption.  I have been working very hard to leave it in God's hands.  As much as I want that precious baby to come home right now, I know that God is in control and I just continue to trust that He will make a way.  I have been thinking about her a lot today.  She was crawling in March, so I'm wondering if she might be taking some steps now.  We were able to send a care package to her via Joy from YWAM and there is a little piece of my heart tucked in it.  She should receive it in a few days.  I know she is too little to understand that it is coming from a family that loves her so much and just waits for her to join us, but it still makes my heart happy to know she will have a little something from us to keep with her until we can finally love on her in person.  Please continue to pray that MoWA will resume adoption paperwork so that the many children who are being held up by this situation can make their way to the families who are waiting for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment