Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Hola

A package for baby S is on its way to Ethiopia via Washington State. Joy, the director of YWAM Adoption Ministry, leaves for Ethiopia later this month and she will be delivering the package to our sweet girl. Oh how I wish I could go, too! I honestly mean that. I think the longer our wait goes, the more ready I am to just get over the flying thing for the greater purpose of seeing our girl. I'm not even sure that I completely mind the two trips (except for the $ and logistics of child care, work, etc.) if it means I will get to see her sooner. Who said that? Oh wait, it was me. I am sitting here getting over myself. No worries.

I am in full nesting mode. Her room is ready. I have bedazzled her curtains and lamp, found some wall decor, and now the only thing it needs is baby S to fill it! For your viewing pleasure:


I promise this is the last time I will post pictures of the baby room. I find it very peaceful and I enjoy sitting in there imagining what it will be like when she finally does come home. She has three brothers who are very anxious to meet her!
Speaking of brothers...they are amusing. Yesterday, Isaac told me that he said "Hi" to B (our friends' son who just came from Ethiopia) at school. He didn't get a response, so I told Isaac that B is still trying to figure out the language, etc. Isaac is under the assumption that all people who come from other countries speak Spanish. I have tried to tell him otherwise, but he doesn't believe it. He came home today and told me that he said, "Hola," to B and he didn't say anything. Go figure.



3 comments:

  1. Oh my...I am dying laughing...that Isaac!!!! The room looks beautiful! All of us expectant mommies need to get together soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John has been working with him on "selam" for tomorrow. We'll see if that does the trick!! I would love to get together. Any news on your end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this room, and I'd probably love your whole house too. Thx for posting more pics. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete