Saturday, June 25, 2011

Blueberry Pickin'


We woke up to a beautiful, sunny day and decided it was a good day to pick blueberries.  The first time we picked berries was six years ago and my dad was along for the adventure, rather than my husband.  We just had two little boys with us - Isaac was still a baby.  As I look back at the pictures of the boys then, my heart almost can't take it. They have grown and changed SO MUCH!  In another six years, Jack will be entering his senior year of high school.  I can only imagine what my heart is going to be doing then.  This parenting thing is so utterly complex.  On one hand, three brothers acting just as you would expect three boys to act with each other can literally drive their mama batty.  On the other hand, the thought of them spreading their wings and taking off on their own is almost more than I can take.  I know it is inevitable, but I'm quite certain I am not going to be ready for it when the time comes.   I refuse to even contemplate letting the newest member of our family go because our adventure with her has only just begun.  I just want to keep my babies close by forever!

NOW

Snug as a bug in a rug

We had to search high and low to find ripe berries

The thrill of the hunt

Ready to go home

One hour and three and a half pounds of berries later...

THEN


Not only have the boys grown, so have the blueberry bushes!

Is this a good one?  It was the popular question back then and still is today!

Sweet JJ

Familiar?

I.LOVE.THIS.PICTURE.

No comments:

Post a Comment