Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sweet Thursday

In just a few days, I will celebrate three years in the pie business.  I have loved baking since I was a young girl, but pies were a challenge for me because of the whole crust thing.  The business that I bought into came with the BEST crust recipe ever.  Not only does it taste delicious, it is easy to work with, too.  After a little bit of practice, my pies started to look pretty decent.  I was amazed as I watched the lady who previously owned the business make pies.  She was so fast - I didn't think I would ever be able to do that.  As it turns out, after making pies for three years, I could do it in my sleep. 

Some pies from today:


Lemon Meringue

Strawberry Rhubarb

Cherry

Caramel Milk Chocolate Chip Cookie

Blueberry (please forgive the ugly lattice.  I was in a hurry...)

And, just for fun, a recipe for one of my favorite pies:

Milk Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 t. vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. flour
1 c. milk chocolate chips
1 unbaked pie shell

Mix butter, sugars, vanilla, and eggs.  Add salt and flour.  Add chips.  Pour into pie shell.  Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.  Serve warm with ice cream or a big glass of milk (unless you are lactose intolerant...).

Option (as pictured above) drizzle top with chocolate and caramel ice cream topping.  YUM!

4 comments:

  1. OH MY WORD! I would weight 400lbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm. Wishing you were around the corner from me...today is the perfect pie day. Cold and wet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yum! I was wishing you were closer too. I'd be right over to buy a pie! Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pies! My husband asked me the other night if you ship pies. Do you? :)

    ReplyDelete