I worked on a little project last night that made my heart incredibly happy. It looks like this:
When the boys were babies, we had their pictures taken professionally at 3, 6, 9, and 12 months and they have been hanging in our hallway for years. While John and Sena were waiting in Ethiopia for her visa, I took all of the pictures down and had the hallway painted. It was important to me that Sena see pictures of herself right up there with the boys so it was a good time to make some changes. Imagine my joy when I looked back through the pictures that we had of Sena in her first year and found one at 4 months, 7 months, 10 months, and 12 months. I finally located some frames on Sunday that would hold 3.5 x 5 inch photos and I put them all together last night. The wall now looks like this:
It is probably not the greatest arrangement in the world and I am now noticing that some of them are slightly askew, but the point is that each child is equally represented! Sena loves to climb the stairs and then she points to her pictures and says her name.
I am incredibly thankful that YWAM has provided us with wonderful pictures that we will always treasure. Watching Sena grow from a tiny 4 month old into a 17 month old via pictures was not easy, but she was completely worth that long wait!!
Mary
6 months ago

It looks great!
ReplyDeletep.s. for some reason I cannot leave comments for you from my google acct (blogger)????
Jennifer A