I am SOOO looking forward to the day when I don't feel compelled to check my email multiple times each day in case there is news on our case. I remember the freedom I felt once Sena came home and I no longer felt tied to my computer and my phone. I am so ready to have that freedom again. Here is the weird thing - I could have it right now if I wanted to. I don't
have to be checking things because it is not as if my knowing what is going on will make things happen any faster. But I am craving news. I want to see a new picture. I want to know if she has gained any weight or grown any taller. I just want to know
something about my girl. What I didn't want to know is that one of the documents required for the embassy is going to have to be fixed. That is going to take some time. I should have expected it. I have done this drill once before and I should have remembered that delays are the NORM, not the exception. Somehow I developed adoption amnesia and that is probably what allowed us to start the process again so soon after bringing Sena home. If that is what it took to get us moving, then I think it must be a good thing. The hard part is when the memories of the painful parts come flooding back. This week, there has been a flood here - complete with water. The salty kind in the form of tears. But here is what I know: God is faithful and Addie is worth it. Period. I am once again laying down
my timeline and
my hopes and attempting to rest in
God's timing. Once again, His timing and mine are not the same. Once again, He is God and I am not. The end.
A friend shared this verse with me when we were waiting during our first adoption:
Habakkuk 2:3 For the vision is yet for the appointed time; it hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; for it will certainly come, it will not delay.
When the time is right, I will be doing this again...
love that verse....and glad we arent alone in our feelings. All different stages of the journey, but so nice to have people walking the same road.
ReplyDeleteHope the paperwork gets fixed and you get goin'.
Love ya!
Hoping to catch some glimpses of her on Monday-I'll let you know! I think I have adoption amnesia too, I like your wording!
ReplyDeleteAdoption amnesia, that made me laugh. - Heck, I must have been unconscious for the past 4/5 years **wink**
ReplyDeleteI love your mama's heart and that verse is so very appropriate.
Thank you! I needed this today. The calendar is my enemy right now....I struggle trusting His perfect timing.
ReplyDelete