We were picked up from our guest house around 9:30 on Tuesday, January 31 for our appointment at the Federal First Instance Court. We had been told the previous Thursday that our MoWA letter had not yet arrived, but we were hopeful that it might be there in time for our court appearance. When we arrived, the waiting room was almost full. We found seats and were soon joined by the other couple from our agency who also had court that day. We visited for a bit as we waited to be called in. John and I were called first. After some discussion between the judge, the clerk, and our attorney, we were sent back out to the waiting room. I tried not to panic as I wondered what had happened. Just a few minutes later, though, we were called back in with the other couple where we were asked a series of questions and then informed that our cases were finalized and the children were ours. What an amazing feeling it is to actually pass court while still in country! With Sena, we didn't pass until two weeks later and those two weeks were incredibly LONG.

After court we headed back to the transition home for our final visit with Addie. I had been dreading saying goodbye. Ugh.
Someone was very happy to see her Daddy! Actually, when we first arrived, the babies were sunning out in the courtyard. A nanny was holding Addie and when she saw me, she started crying and put her arms out for me to take her. Then, when she spotted her Daddy, she did the same.
So happy that she is officially our daughter!
It was not hard to fall in love with this little one.
I told John that I was not going to cry when we said goodbye. Whatever. I cried like a baby. As much as I tried to prepare my heart, it just didn't work. I love her and I want her to come home. Period. Without a doubt, this is the hardest part of the process and now the most uncertain part, too. It seems like we just did this with Sena and now we are remembering what it feels like to have part of your heart half a world away. It is so hard, but we know the homecoming will be sweet.
This made me cry. So excited for her to be home with you forever. Much love and prayers to you all.
ReplyDeleteWe're praying for her to come home soon! What a little sweetheart!
ReplyDelete