Thursday, February 2, 2012

The day we met our girl - in pictures!

Addise Sena


Our first glimpse of our little sweetie.  For the record, her name is also Sena!  We will be changing it to Addise (which means new life) Sena (which mean history) and we will call her Addie for short.  Having two Senas running around here would just be too confusing!

She wasn't quite sure what to think of us at first.

I wasn't waiting any longer - I needed to hold that baby!

Almost immediately the lip began to pucker and quiver and tears ensued.  About a minute later, it stopped.

Here she is with Abdissa - our CHI country rep.  He is, in a word, AMAZING!  He has such a huge heart for children and his life is devoted to serving others.  We love Abdissa! 

She is starting to warm up


The newest member of the Daddy fan club!  When she comes home, I'm quite certain his arms are going to be constantly full - Sena on one side, Addie on the other.  I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have it any other way!

The birthday girl and her mama!  It was so special to be able to meet her on her birthday and to celebrate with her on that day.  She obviously had no idea what was going on, but she rolled with it and thought the cake was quite tasty. She even cooperated with the silly party hats mommy brought from home.  I can't post pictures of them, but there were several little boys there for the party with their pink party hats on while they were chowing on cake and it was too cute for words!

Telling mama a thing or two...

Yummy cake!  I think I can deal with this gig...

We are so incredibly grateful for the blessing of another daughter.  We really enjoyed our time with her in Ethiopia and, as expected, it was incredibly difficult to leave her behind.  As we were dropped off at the guest house after visiting her on the last day, Abdissa reminded me that she will come home in God's timing.  Then he held out his left hand and told me to place her in God's hand and then he placed his right hand over the left one as a symbol of God's covering over the life of Addise Sena.  Truly, He is in control and there is absolutely nothing I can do to expedite the process from here on out.  I miss my baby girl already, but I know that she is first and foremost HIS baby girl and I am choosing to trust that He has her covered - literally and figuratively. 

4 comments:

  1. Warm my heart. I will be praying that the embassy part is without obstacles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your thoughts. Also praying that embassy will go smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful daughter and family. Praying for you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and precious little girl. Praying God's timing flys fast and brings her to her forever family quickly.

    Erika

    ReplyDelete