Thursday, February 16, 2012

Movement

Sena and I spent the morning shopping for accessories for her sister's bedroom. Last weekend, I painted it a lovely shade of yellow and we arranged the furniture.  It won't be long before it is finished and then I'm going to be antsy for Addie to come home and settle in.  Oh wait - I already am!  I had forgotten how much it aches when a piece of your heart is living thousands of miles away.  With each passing day, I think of her more and more.  I had this great plan to guard my heart so that the wait would be easier this time around.  In my mind, I figured that if I tried not to think about her, I wouldn't miss her.  Well, I am here to report that my plan has failed miserably.  And that is really ok.  I can't not think about her because I am her MOTHER!  My job is to think about her, pray for her, and, right now, wait for her - as hard at that may be.  We did hear some good news today, though.  I wasn't sure if our court decree was issued before the recent court closure and I know that without that decree, nothing can move forward toward embassy.  We heard today that not only has it been issued, but it is being translated and Addie's birth certificate is in process.  Movement is good.  That means we are one step closer to our girl.

4 comments: