Sunday, March 4, 2012

33 Days

I have started several blog posts in the last few weeks and only a few have been published.  Sometimes I just need to write my thoughts to help me process and then I read them and realize I simply cannot post them.  On Friday, I had a blog post ready to go, but I just couldn't seem to hit publish.  It is a good thing, too, because I would have been eating my words the very next day.  The post was all about how I have a better handle on the court to embassy wait this time and how I now understand that it is so much better to trust God's timing than my own and so on.  Those things were true for me - until yesterday.  I was doing better and then, for whatever reason, I found myself in a funk like I haven't experienced in quite some time - probably since we were waiting for Sena to come home.  Here's the thing: overall, I am doing better at trusting God's plan this time around.  I know that, ultimately, He is in control and His timing will prevail.  But that doesn't mean that I won't struggle sometimes.  It is unnatural to be separated from your child and it has been 33 days since I said goodbye to Addie.  I just miss her.  Isaac likes to tell us at various points in the day what time it is in Addis Ababa and I always wonder what she is doing.  Is it naptime?  Dinner time?  Bath time? There is another issue that has this mama's heart weighed down and if you wouldn't mind praying for my peace of mind until it can be addressed, I would be so grateful.  The journey is anything but easy, but it is so, so worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Continuing to pray for you guys and hoping you can pick up sweet Addie soon. Will definitely pray for peace in all that is going on.

    ReplyDelete