Monday, March 19, 2012

Today

It has been 48 days since I kissed my baby girl and told her goodbye.  Here is what I would like to say about this part of the process:  IT STINKS!  There is no getting around it.  If you have BTDT, you totally know what I am talking about.  If you haven't, then you probably think I am an emotional whack job.  And, well, right now, that is probably a fitting description.  I like to think that I am a stable person in general, but this process can throw even the most stable of people for a serious loop.  Most of the time, I am ok.  There are other times, though, when something akin to grief just hits me like a punch in the gut.  Last Tuesday was one of those times.  When I found out that our file hadn't been submitted (even though I knew that was a distinct possibility), I was a mess.  I called Becky at YWAM and told her I wasn't doing well and right then and there, she prayed for me.  I know there are many others who have been praying also and I can't tell you how much that means to me.  I have honestly sensed a peace that cannot come any other way but from our merciful Father who understands the toll that this process can take.  What I know that I know that I know is that SHE IS WORTH IT and we will get through this. It is just hard in the meantime.  I knew that going into the process this time, but it really hasn't made this leg of the journey any easier.  I still miss her.  I still have no control.  I still have no idea when she is coming home.  But I know that God is faithful and He will finish what He has started.  Addie will come home. I will kiss her chubby cheeks and tell her how much I love her.  Our day is coming and we are closer now than we have ever been.  That is what I will hold onto today. 

7 comments:

  1. This breaks my heart. I'm not looking forward to that wait either. What a blessing that we all have each other and the amazing folks at YWAM supporting us through this process. Rejoicing in the fact that sweet Addie is your daughter and that she will be in your arms soon. Praying!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO thankful for the other mamas who totally get it and that we have each to lean on during this wait. Thank you for praying - I am doing likewise for you. Can't wait to see you with your sweet little one in your arms!!

      Delete
  2. I am feeling like a mess today, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon - praying that everything comes together quickly so that A. can come home soon!!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your prayers, Jennifer. I think I worked so hard to put him out of my mind for the last 9 months (because I knew it would be a long wait) and now the Lord is softening my heart and I just want him home!

      Delete
  3. so sorry friend!! Just like with Sena number 1 and your bio boys, you wont remember these Labor, waiting pains when she is home safe and sound. We love you and are praying for you.. soon my sister, SOON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that you make it to your little love bug much sooner than expected, and that you will have peace and and that the God of all comfort will wrap you up in His arms while you are waiting. Love you BIG... praying, expecting, and believing in a God who has limitless resources and can sympathize with anything and everything that we experience here on this earth.

    ReplyDelete