Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Back to reality

Today was John's first day back to work since Addie came home.  That also meant it was Addie's first day joining me at the pie shop.  I was a little nervous for two reasons: 1. no Daddy and 2. I wasn't sure how she would handle two hours in the Ergo.  I am happy to report that she was amazing!  She fussed for just a second when John left and then she was totally fine.  She had a little snooze and before we knew it, we were done for the day. 

We spent the rest of the time before naptime playing and eating lunch.  Both girls napped at the same time, which meant Mommy got a nap, too. What a blessing that was today.  After naps, we picked up the boys and waited for John to come home.  Addie was sitting on my lap when she spotted him and she started bouncing up and down and saying, "Ababa!  Ababa!"  (Ababa means Daddy in Amharic.)  It was so sweet. 

Two weeks ago, Addie left the orphanage for good.  I look at her and am simply amazed at her resiliency.  She acts as if she has always been here.  My sister came to visit today and she couldn't believe the change in Addie since she last saw her 10 days ago right after she came home.  At that point, she just wanted to be held.  Now, she is toddling around and playing with toys and seems right at home with us.  Thank you, Lord!


I am so thankful to have our sweet girl home.  It is so much fun to say, "the girls."  Once upon a time, I never thought I would have one daughter, let alone two of them.  I am blessed by these two Gimbi girls!

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that the first day "back to reality" went so well. I love that she is feeling secure enough to play and explore a bit!

    ReplyDelete