This morning, I slept until 8 am and that was pretty much awesome. When I came downstairs, Sena crawled into my lap. Right behind her was my little snorter who is constantly cracking me up these days. Addie walks around breathing rapidly and loudly in and out through her nose and it is quite funny. She climbed up right next to Sena and having my lap full of my two sweet girls was a rather priceless moment. Not so long ago, Sena would lean away when Addie got too close and now she loves to be snuggled up next to her sister. I am so thankful for the work that God has done in such a short time of knitting all of our hearts together. Addie has been home less than 6 weeks and yet she is so completely one of us.
We had our first post placement visit with our social worker on Tuesday. It was rather uneventful except for the wall sconce that just fell right off the wall (with no help from the balls that were being thrown around in the same room by certain boys) and the subsequent sound of glass shattering. That was fun.
Last night, I watched the May 15 episode of the Little Couple on TLC. They have been trying to start a family for a while. I thought it was so cool that Martha from rainbowkids.com made an appearance on the show to talk to them about adopting a special needs child. She also showed them pictures of a little boy with dwarfism who is currently waiting. Of course, I immediately went and checked the website to see if I could find such a boy from an Asian country, but, alas, there was no one matching that description. I can't wait to see if that is who they end up adopting!
The hot question being asked of our family lately is, "are you done yet?" I have been telling people that I know better than to say that we won't adopt again because I said that once before and, well, it obviously wasn't true. But, I'm thinking that five is good for us for now.
Having fun with bubbles
Swimming with Liza
Cuties!
They had WAY too much fun at Sam's!
Saying goodbye to an old friend. Goodbye minivan, hello gas guzzler!
Sena loves to ride her bike.

I love hearing how the girls are loving being close to each other already-yay, God!
ReplyDeleteLife is good! I love hearing how Addie and Addie and Sena are doing! I am about to write you a FB message:)
ReplyDelete