Sunday, June 3, 2012

God sets the lonely in families

It wasn't so long ago that my two little daughters lost their first mommies.  My heart aches that they will never know the women who carried them for nine months only to pass away shortly after seeing their babies safely into this world.  The sad truth is that if these girls had been born here in the U.S., both of their first mamas would likely still be alive.  That breaks my heart.  And yet, God took a tragic circumstance in the lives of these girls and made something beautiful from it.

Where once they were without a family to take care of them...





...now they are daughters and sisters and grandaughters and nieces and cousins!




I am so thankful that God sent these girls our way.  Though it can be hard and we feel a bit spread thin at times, we know that the fact that they are here is nothing short of a miracle.  We are blessed.

I have seen God's hand at work time and time again as we have travelled this road of adoption.  When we filled out the first application for our agency almost three years ago, we had no idea that TWO little girls would be waiting on the other side.  I marvel at the fact that both of them have just meshed with the personalities already in this family.  They just fit. 

As I reflect on our journey, I am beyond grateful for those who loved on our girls before we could.  I am thankful for the vision that YWAM had of starting an orphanage in the very remote village of Gimbie.  I am thankful for Monica - the missionary who took care of Sena before the orphanage was up and running.  Without the care they provided, our girls would not have survived.  I am thankful for the nannies who lovingly cared for our girls all the while knowing that they would be leaving at some point.  There were so many who played a part in getting our girls home and we are forever grateful for that. 

Jeremiah 29:11  For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.     

No comments:

Post a Comment