As I look through pictures from that day, I can see the uncertainty in her eyes. In a matter of four days, her whole world changed! She left the transition home, spent a couple of nights in a guest house with her new Daddy, got on a plane and rode for 17 hours, went on another plane for 2 hours, met her family at the airport, met some more family at Papa and Grandma's house, and drove three hours home to spend the night in another strange bed. That is a lot for a 14 month old to take in. Within a few days, though, she had settled right in and seemed completely at home. Now, it is hard to believe that it has only been two months since she arrived. We have settled into a routine that seems to be working well for everyone. She loves her siblings and they love her. She knows who her Daddy and Mommy are. She is thriving and we are thankful. As I snuggled her before bed tonight, I reflected once again on God's goodness in giving us another precious daughter. God has an incredible plan for these Gimbie girls and we are so glad that we get to be part of it.
Mary
6 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment