Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hot news

Sena might be potty trained!  I said might because tomorrow she could change her mind.  That's what two year olds tend to do.  But, it looks promising.  We have been trying to work with her for the past few weeks.  Once she started announcing that she was doing her business, we figured the awareness was certainly there.  Then, after consulting with another YWAM mama (thanks, Rachel), we decided to pull out the little potty chair.  It is definitely more work to use that, but Sena seemed to like it.  So did Addie - dear me, that girl is busy and into EVERYTHING (including little potty chairs.)  Anyway, I also decided it was time to make a potty chart for Sena and I bought some Dora stickers to go on it.  Yesterday, Sena was dry all day and she filled up one whole section of her chart. She went potty A.L.O.T.  and her brothers congratulated her each and every time.  Today, we decided it was time to give the Dora undies a whirl.  She was dry all day.  I am so proud of her and pray that this is really it.  I am sort of over having two kids in diapers.  I remember those days with Jack and Ethan all too well and I also remember the JOY I felt when Jack was finally potty trained.  There is a tiny (and I do mean tiny) part of me that feels a little sad with this new milestone.  It is one more reminder that my baby girl is not so much a baby anymore.  Not so long ago, she looked like this:


And now she looks like this:


How in the world did she change so much in 16 months?

5 comments:

  1. Not going so well over here... what's your secret? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your secrets are really working for me. :) The cheering section and the little potty seat seemed to do the trick! Now she wants to empty it herself, which has made things a bit more interesting. YUCK! What is most surprising to me, though, is that she hasn't had a single accident in three days. She has even been dry during her naps and at night. The boys were not like that at all - we had lots of accidents!

      Delete
  2. Best of luck to you with the potty training :)

    ReplyDelete